Studio Guidelines, Policies, & Liability Waiver
As a guest of studio, we kindly ask that you respect the following:
- All students must be 16+ except where otherwise permitted. No pets or children are allowed in the studio.
- Please be aware of and respect our cancellation and late policy, seen below.
- No rings or bracelets when dancing on the poles or using the aerial yoga hammocks please. No sharp or large buckles or metal on shoes please. It is suggested that you don’t wear any jewelry at the studio, although we realize that some pieces are difficult to remove.
- Please do not interrupt an instructor or class in session. You are welcome to discretely move through the studio to use our changing area while a class is in session.
- Please check-in for your class prior to participating, by signing the check-in form at the front desk.
- Please listen when the instructor is addressing the group.
- If you use a studio mat, please spray down both sides before putting the mat away in order to ensure cleanliness for your future use and fellow students.
- From time to time, classes will have substitute teachers. We will announce substitute information as soon as possible. Please be respectful of substitutes, knowing that they have been specifically chosen and prepped by your regular instructor.
We all love fun fitness and appreciate multiple class offerings throughout the week. Ophidia Studio operates under a 12 hour cancellation period for your classes. Studio space is limited especially in classes like Pole Dancing and Aerial Yoga and once a spot is reserved no one else can can take that spot. Lots of people want to participate so having students actually attend the classes they have reserved space for is important to us.
To keep all reservations as accurate as possible, for each no-show or late cancel that a student who is using a 30 day Unlimited Pole or All Access Pass incurs, we will bill the credit card on file $10.
If you are not present when class starts and there is a wait-listed client waiting to see if a spot will open, they will be given your spot. If you are less than 15 minutes late in such a case, your class will be refunded for you to use another time.
We afford you the opportunity to use your class credits however, whenever, and for whomever you would like. Our online registration system allows students to reserve a class spot for another student using their class credits. Bring a friend!
REFUNDS are not made once class/privates/parties/retail have been purchased.
Ophidia Studio is in no way responsible for the safekeeping of my personal belongings while I attend class. I understand that classes at Ophidia Studio may be physically strenuous and I voluntarily participate in them with full knowledge that there is risk of personal injury, property loss or death. I agree that neither I, my heirs, assigns or legal representatives will sue or make any other claims of any kind whatsoever against Ophidia Studio or its members for any personal injury, property damage/loss, or wrongful death, whether caused by negligence or otherwise.
Pole Class Guidelines
PLEASE RESPECT ALL LEVELS set by Ophidia Studio for your safety and ultimate pole instruction experience. All new students must start with our Level 1 classes (“Spins”, “Routines”, and/or “Pure Pole”) and all students need instructor permission to move to a different level, upon mastering each movement of the current level. If you arrive for a class that you are not ready to attend, our reception staff will help you to reschedule.
PLEASE DON’T WEAR ANY LOTION during the day you are taking a pole class. Moisturizer makes the poles very slippery and builds up a residue that makes it difficult for you and your fellow students to work with.
YOU MUST HAVE AN INSTRUCTOR NOT ANOTHER STUDENT show you new pole dance technique and be present while you are first attempting any new tricks. Pole technique at Ophidia Studio is instructed in a very specific and regimented order so that proper technique and pole dance safety will be followed.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO INSTRUCT your fellow students with current or new movements. Our instructors are trained professionals in their form of dance/fitness and it is important for everyone’s safety that this rule is respected. If you are seen instructing another student, you will be asked to stop or to leave class.
While first attempting any climbing or inversions, an instructor must be present to spot you (not another student).
Registration and Waiver Form
If you are a new student, you may register and sign the liability waiver now, to avoid having to do it before your first class.